WHY JOIN US?
Have you ever dreamt about being part of a dynamic and international board that creates varies events for international and local students in the heart of Copenhagen? Well, now you have the chance to join the board of ESN Copenhagen.
At ESN Copenhagen, we work to provide both national and international intercultural experience where they have the opportunity to experience new cultures and create a large international network. Our main focus is to give international students the opportunity to experience different aspects of the Danish culture.
Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is divided into more than 400 local sections in Europe. We are an interdisciplinary, volunteer student association based on the principle of students helping students.
To give you an insight about the board structure of ESN CPH we’ve added the task descriptions for each board member at the end of this volunteer advert (Task Descriptions).
Where to start? The first thing we ask of you is writing a motivational letter of why you want to be part of ESN CPH and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th of May.
Who can apply? Everybody who stays for more than 1 semester in Copenhagen.
Which position can I apply for? In your motivational letter you’ll have to state the two positions you are most interested in because we’ll be conducting interviews along the way and positions will be filled one by one. However, if your desired positions are already taken, we’ll together talk more about what would fit you the best during the interview.
What next? On Tuesday 22nd of May ESN CPH will have the Annual General Meeting (AGM), where each candidate will present for maximum 2 minutes (no Power Point needed, just talk) followed by a question round (a few minutes) and anonymous voting.
If you want to apply but can't attend on the 22nd of May, apply anyways but write in the email that you can't attend the AGM. Then the Vice President will contact you to find an alternative solution.
When is the transition period and start of mandate? The transition period starts from the middle of May to the end of June. Since we don’t have many events in June due to exams this should make the transition smooth even if people have exams since the former board members will help out. The start of the mandate will be 1st of July.
If you have any question in regard to this, you are more than welcome to contact Ozhen on email@example.com
- Leading of ESN Copenhagen
- Strategic planning and task coordination
- Assessment, inspection, and drafting of Statues and Standing Orders
- National and international education related matters
- General support to the President
- Section development
- Human resource management
- Event coordination
- Sponsorship development
- Project management
- ESNcard order, distribution, and promotion
- Promote ESN Copenhagen at a local, national and international level
- Social media management
- Promotional material for ESN Copenhagen
- Partnership formation
- Update of website
- Web content development
- Communication relating to domain name and host servers
- Email system
- Maintaining the different facebook groups ESN CPH is in charge of, such as approving/rejecting new members or deleting inappropriate posts/comments.
- Contact person between ESN CPH and current travel agency
- Makes sure the promotion is going well for each trip
- Makes sure we have representative for each trip
- Makes sure ESN CPH follows the contract made between ESN CPH and current travel agency
- Also in charge of Sea Battle and Danish Trip
- Communicate with existing commercial partners
- Identify and integrate new commercial and non-commercial partners draft the contracts with them
- Make sure the partnership agreements are fulfilled
- Keep the board of ESN CPH updated on the status of the partnerships
- The Local Representatives (hereafter LR) are the representatives from the member sections and are the point of contact with the national Vice-president.
- A LR must regularly provide updates about his/her member section to the national Vice-president.
- A LR must provide their member section with updates from the National Board.
- A LR should attend at least one Council of Local Representatives a year.
- A LR should make sure ESN CPH board is within the deadline for national and international events and other activities.
- Communicate with existing or potential educational institutes
- Representation of the section externally to stakeholders and to local authorities
- In charge of the different students fairs and welcome days at educational institutes and needs to make sure ESN CPH volunteers are signed up to attend
- Preferred the educational officer can speak Danish
- Answers emails received to our info email
- Answers all messages and comments received on our Facebook page
- Responsible for keeping the documentation of all ESN CPH’s meetings, activities, available and nicely organized in the used IT tools.
- Writing the minutes during board meetings, unless otherwise agreed upon in the beginning of the meeting
- Preparing the agenda for the board meetings together with the presidents