Do you want to leave an impact your fellow international students? Are you interested in being part of one of the most wonderful volunteering organizations in Europe?
We have an application period at the beginning of each semester. Stay tuned to our Facebook page for the next application period.
Applications are currently open - apply here: https://forms.gle/TbKyu7sHGzpMHnLd6
You are also more than welcome to apply outside an application period - contact us via the Facebook page for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is ESN?
ESN (Erasmus Student Network) is one of the largest student associations in Europe. It is a Europe-wide network of volunteers focused on supporting and helping international and exchange students, improving international education, and creating positive change in the society. The network was established in 1991.
ESN is present in more than 1000 Higher Education Institutions from 42 countries.
Why should I join ESN?
By joining the Copenhagen section, you will become part of this great international network of volunteers.
As a volunteer in ESN, you get a unique chance to gain experience and skills in different areas, such as leadership, project and team management, communication, graphic design, organizing events etc.
Moreover, you get:
- Personal development and soft skills trainings
- Opportunity to attend international trainings and conferences
- Meeting new people from around the world and creating new friendships
- A lot of fun, memorable moments
What am I expected to contribute with as a volunteer?
Like any other volunteering organization, as a volunteer in ESN, you will be expected to:
- Take active part in the Active Member meetings (which take place on average twice per month in the afternoons)
- Organizing or help with event(s) (at least one in two months)
- Help with office hours (at least once every two months)
- Bring your best mood, and enjoy being part of one of the most wonderful volunteering organizations :)
As a general guideline, each volunteer contributes for approximately 10-15 hours a month.
We are flexible when it comes to availability and we understand if you are too busy some days and can’t participate from time to time.
Check out our Survival Guide for more details.
What will I be doing as a volunteer?
You can contribute in any the following areas, depending on what you are interested in:
- Organizing social events, for example karaoke nights, speed friending, board game nights and so on
- Organizing cultural activities, such as museum visits, language cafes, art workshops etc
- Organizing charity activities, such as raising clothes for the homeless, fundraising events for a charitable cause etc
- Organizing activities aimed at increasing diversity and inclusion
- Communication and marketing
- Graphic design
- Education and education policies
- Human resources and strategy
- The Buddy Program
It can also be any other area that you are interested in, as long as it is about supporting international and exchange students and student life in Copenhagen, and/or improving international education.
For more information, visit http://esn-cph.dk/areas-volunteering.
Do I need to join ESN in order to buy an ESNcard?
No - the ESNcard is available for all international students/trainees/graduates/people doing internships , not only our volunteers. To find out if you are eligible for getting an ESNcard, visit https://esncard.org/faq.
We are a local section of ESN - Erasmus Student Network. ESN is one of the biggest non-profit international student organisations. It aims to represent international students, thus provide opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development under the principle of Students Helping Students.